Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a new Frigidaire Gas Dryer in a house which is on Solar.

Customer Question
The washer and all other...
I have a new Frigidaire Gas Dryer in a house which is on Solar. The washer and all other appliances in the house and equipment works perfectly off the Inverter. The dryer runs perfectly when the Generator is running. However, the dryer kicks off within 1-2 mins when running off the inverter. I have tried adding a surge protector and also a battery back up to the 110V dryer line without any luck. I welcome your suggestions. Bob Evans
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2009
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician
whats your model number please? thanks does that solar power really help with the money? thanks
AGQ8000FS1, Thanks. I live off the power grid, so Solar is the only way to go.

how old is this dryer? thanks

8 months old. Thanks

your problem is going to be your gas valve coils that are on top of the valve on the inside of your dryer you can do this 2 ways since this is still under warrenty 8 months old which you have a 1 yr warrenty call them and have them fix this for free you get 1 yr parts/labor or you can pay for these yourself here they are

Part 3449

http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-AGQ8000FS1-%3d%3di3449&PartID=3449 $30.50

If this answers your question,click accept as this is how we get paid for our knowledge.Need more info ask.bonuses appreciated. note;As I am not there this is based on your observations and information.

Thank you. Why do you believe that this part is somehow related to whether or not the unit is supplied by Inverter power or Generator Power? This is what has been puzzling me.

i dont think the inverter has anything to do with this this happens when its hooked the the other way also all it is that the coils are week or defective right from the factory and sooner or later instead of 2 minutes cutting off it will be 3 seconds and cutting off

When the generator is on the dryer works perfectly. When the generator is off and the dryer is running off the house batteries and inverter the dryer kicks off in less than 10 seconds. Do you still believe it is the coils? Thanks
no i dont since you say this you cant be getting the correct voltage comeing from the batteries
william, Home Appliance Technician