applianceguy
applianceguy, Customer Service
Experience:  Ten Years experience. Certified in most major brands Including Whirlpool Frigidaire maytag Amana.
9557001

I have a Maytag Refrig. I think the refrigerator door was

I have a Maytag Refrig. I think the refrigerator door was left open slightly. The door alarm light is on and the freezer is working fine but the refrigerator is 72 degrees. Is there a simple fix for this or should I call a repairman?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  applianceguy replied 8 years ago.

How long has the door been closed ? Do you hear the fan running in the freezer ? Do you see frost build up in the freezer on the back wall ?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
about 24 hours now since I closed the door. The fan is running and I see no frost build up on the back of the freezer wall. It is a bottom drawer freezer. Freezer is freezing fine.
What i think has happened, with the door left open you may have ice build up from warm air getting into unit. The ice may be blocking the air from getting into the refer section. You can try and defrost the refrigerator by unpluging unit for a few hours (you would need coolers or another refrigerator to keep your food in) Or call a tech to go in and defrost the part that has the ice build up.