Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

I bought a GE room air conditioner (10,500BTU) and it would

Customer Question

I bought a GE room air conditioner (10,500BTU) and it would cut on for about a minute, but the fan would not move or blow cool air. So I took it back to the store and got a new one, but It is doing the same thing, so it must be something that I'm overlooking. Ive read the instruction booklet several times and followed all the troubleshooting tips, but nothing seems to work. Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
you have power problem ,,,, first is this a 110v ac
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
115v
hook up a extension cord and plug it into a different socket and tell me what happens when you turn it on
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it makes a noise like it's on, but it's not blowing any cool air. The noise stopped after about a minute and it's not doing anything now

do you have a manual for this unit ,, if not send me the model number and i will see if i can find one but it sounds like you may need to take it back too and replace it with a different brand
i read this and i saw that you have a instruction manual and doing everything by the book // take it back and replace it with a different brand ,,, something is wrong with this stock / thanks Larry
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
model# XXXXX
does it work with the remote