Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

My microwave oven model nn-t664sfx on any of the top three

My microwave oven model nn-t664sfx on any of the top three power settings will only run for three to three and a half minutes and shuts itself down. There is no sound or message and to restart it the clock must be reset. This problem occurs if the time pad is used or sensor cook is
used. I find nothing in the operating instructions that might explain this problem.

John at: [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.
Hello, I would like to help you with this situation. May I ask what brand of microwave this is?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy: My oven is a Panisonic inverter.
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.
Okay, thank you and give me a sec to pull up that model and research it some.
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.

Does it run okay on the lower settings?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy: I'm sad to say I havn't tried it at lower settings, would you like me to try it at some lower setting?
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.
Yes. please try at lower settings
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy: I went in and set it to power level 5 for five minutes and it ran out the time. I didn't have anything in the oven to create moisture or humidity. should I try a potatoe or something?
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.
Yes try a potatoe and see if it cooks all the way through.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Randy: I ran the oven at power level 10 set for 5 minutes with nothing in the oven and it shut down after 3min 45sec. I then pu a potatoe in and set power level 5 for six minutes and it ran the clock down and signaled done, and the potatoe appears to be cooked.
Expert:  Randy replied 8 years ago.
Okay, well unfortunately that means that on the higher levels the microwave is getting to hot and shutting down for safety reasons. This is due to either the inverter itself or the magnetron. In either case due to the high voltage you nee to get ahold of Panasonic and have an experienced tech come and service it if you feel that you want to spend the money.