Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool top freezer that is leaking into the bottom

I have a Whirlpool top freezer that is leaking into the bottom bins. I can not locate a drain tube to check it; the drain pan is dry. And, can a water inlet valve cause the interior of the refrigerator to hold water at the bottom?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
more than likely you have a blocked drain tube. can you get me the model # XXXXX'll pull up the diagrams for you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, the # XXXXX: ET1LFKXKQOO. Also, what is the plug inside the refrigerator behind the veg bins on the upper shelf?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok here are some diagrams on your refrigerator, you need to remove the bottom of the freezer and the back panel in the freezer the drain hole will be under the coils behind the freezer panel . you will probably find a sheet of ice under the coils , this needs to be defrosted with a hair dryeror hot water ,then you should see the drain hole in the center under the coils, as far as the plug goes I'm not sure which part on the diagram it is I'm guessing part # XXXXX let me know , also here is the link to all the parts and diagrams , http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=264672 just click the blue link, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information. I will proceed with removing the tray and check the coils and use a hair dryer. I will let you know if this works out. If not, I will also let you know.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok ,thanks and let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan, I did not respond right away as to the results of the instructions you gave me as I had to get to repairing the refrigerator. I am ever so grateful that your information led me to the cause of the leaking fridge. Besides that, I know have bragging rights with my husband as I fixed the issue before he was able to get to it (though he had no clue as to the cause either). Thank you for the prompt response and correct information. My refrigerator is working properly now!
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats great to hear, thanks for the eccept, Bryan