Chuck G.
Chuck G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 Yrs. Experience in the appliance repair field
8049636

We have a washer/dryer that came with the house. Maytag Fabric-matic

We have a washer/dryer that came with the house. Maytag Fabric-matic A512. Do you know how old the model is? It is currently working - but as we rent the house for the summer we were wondering if we should get newer models BUT everything we are reading about current washing machines is that they are not made as well and do not clean clothes as well. If we could upgrade to a HE front loader we would --- but it seems that there are still "bugs" to work out of those and again, we are not comfortable leaving that with a renter.   So - no problems at this time -- do we leave in place and keep our fingers crossed that we won't have problems -- or buy new?
Hi, Thank you for using justanswer for your appliance questions!

Your dryer was model was built between 1990 -1993 Good Luck!

Hope this helps!
Let me know if you need more assistance or if you have any questions.
Thank you for using justanswer.com
Chuck G.
__________________
Please " ACCEPT " when your question has been completely answered so I may be compensated. Please take a moment to log into the feedback section.
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
Positive Feedback is very important, That is how we get rated! Bonuses are appreciated!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you think the older model Maytag from 1990-93 is worth hanging onto even though it doesn't have any warranties -- WOULD REPAIR MAN BE ABLE TO REPAIR AND GET PARTS FOR IT QUICKLY or we would be better off BUYING NEWER MODEL JUST TO ENSURE A WARRANTY COVERED REPAIR CALL?
Yes! we repair these all the time and the parts are plentiful. These are actually good dryers!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Does that go for the WASHER as well? Maytag A512 Fabric-matic? Easily repairable?

Are the OLD MAYTAGS better to keep and repair then buying a newer model?

The washers are a bit inefficent - They use alot of water, but they are dependable. The best front load these days are LG bor Whirlpool Duet full size.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for using justanswer.com
Chuck G.
__________________
PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK!
All depends on your budget..... New front load set will run you 1500 or more. I go with Clark Howards advise. Run them til you have to buy one!