Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

Cleaned oven last evening. Door wont open. Lock not lit or

Customer Question

Cleaned oven last evening. Door won't open. Lock not lit or flashing. Have unplugged stove still can't release door. Also pressed the cancel and cook & hold pad as instructed in manual. Still won't release. I have a precison touch control 700. How do I release this
Category: Appliance
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

put this back into self/clean wait 2 minutes then press cancel see if that does it

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tried that and it did not work.What now?
Expert:  william replied 8 years ago.

well your not gonna like this part but get a coat hanger put a loop at the end of it with a 1/2 inch gap and slide it in between the door by the latch and see if you can get it on the latch lever and when you do pull it to your left while pushing a little on the door corner itself this takes time and patience if this dont work your gonna have to call a tech out

and then dont ever use that cleaning feature again do it the old fashion way thats what i tell my customers

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Any other suggestions? I don't want to ruin the stove.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
what brand of unit is this? ,,, is it a range or wall oven?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Maytag Precision Touch Control 700 range 6 or 7 years old.
william was right about the clothes hanger to unhook the latch ,,, i have done this many times but first ,,, set the oven to selfclean and turn on,, after you hear the latch lock down then cancel the selfclean and wait 20 minutes to allow time for the latch to draw back inside and let me know on this / thanks
thanks and if no other questions please hit the accept button and have a good day / Larry
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service