John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My french door refrigerator has stopped working twice in the

My french door refrigerator has stopped working twice in the last month. All food in the freezer thaws....but then starts working again. Is it worth getting a service call while it's working?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

Hi thanks for the question, When it stops working is the fridge dead no noises at all

I will need your model #

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I don't have the model number with me. (I'm at work Smile)

Last night, both the fridge and freezer were warm and there was some noise....but I don't know if it's because it had started working again.

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Your problem can be a few ,A defective Defrost timer ,or a thermostat ,If there was some noise ,I have to know was it the fan in the freezer ,or the faint noise of the Defrost timer
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It did not seem to be the fan in the freezer.....it did seem like a faint noise. Plus, it just sounds right....the thermostat seems to work. So, if I have someone come out, will they be able to tell distinguish the problem if everything is working at the time? I don't want to pay $93.50 if I'll have to pay it again when it stops working....How much would the part cost approximately?
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
If its the defrost timer ,Its not expensive But I cant say for sure till you send me the model # XXXXX I get that .You might be able to fix it yourself
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Really??? I would LOVE to fix it myself!! I will accept your answer and get my model number when I get home. How can I contact you specifically?
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
when you accept this is not closed ,When you get the model # XXXXX will be here to help you with this problem
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
YAY!! Thank you!!
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
Talk later then .Thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have the model number now. It's JFC2089HES.

Thanks!

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5167130

Thanks ,Ok did you clean the coils at the back,By the compressor.Very imortant ,Here is the breakdown ,Find on the breakdown The compressor.Look to the left ,Its the control,It could be ,that part ,But let me know first about the coils

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.

This is the control Let me know about the coils