Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My whirlpool refigerator is very hot around the door seal all

Customer Question

My whirlpool refigerator is very hot around the door seal all the time, I am assuming it is some kind of defroster that is stuck on. How do I fix it/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you probably have a bad condensor fan. can you get me model#? is this a side by side?thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes this is a side by side, model #ED25DQ
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok pull the refrigerator away from the wall and take the back cover off. you will see a fan like this next to the compressor, Part 2790and here are the diagrams, if it helps, make sure this fan is running if not replace. also you may want to go to lowes and get a coil brush. just ask at the appliance department. check the fan and let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
So where is the fan, where do I get one and does it take any special tools to replace?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the fan is behind the panel if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall. you will see the panel on the bottom take it off and use a flash light and look near the compressor you will see it, the blade looks like this, Part 2890let me know if its turning. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

This is my work computor, I have to go home to check it out. I had my son at home get the other information. Can I contact you from home? I am authorizing payment now. My e-mail is [email protected]

Thanks

Doug

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I didnt see the last part of your question about special tool , not really usually the are 1/4" screws honding it on just use a socket to remove, also there just maybe something stuck in it that stopped it check that before removing fan. thanks Bryan, yes if its not to late, I have to work tomorrow.