Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

magic chef 31203PAV no gas to oven, igniter lights but no gas

magic chef 31203PAV no gas to oven, igniter lights but no gas present. Top burners work perfectly just no gas to oven or broiler
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 8 years ago.
Hello do you have a amp meter? Also the broil will light and no gas will go to it as well as the bake igniter?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no amp meter. I can see the igniter light on the boiler/oven burner tube. No gas present though. The stove top burners all work fine
Ok just so im sure the broil igniter will glow if you set the unit to broil but it wont light correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, exactly
Ok and if you set the unit to bake the bake igniter in the bottom will glow but not light correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes
Well the only thing that would cause this is the regulator valve on the back of the unit replace the regulater to fix this issue.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much, I was thinking the same thing. I will accept your answer, thanks again