How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tom Johnston Your Own Question
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 8007
Experience:  20 years experience
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tom Johnston is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

The door seal gasket got chunk tore out of it and i want to know how to replace it. It's the gasket that encirles the round opening that the door closes against to create a leak proof seal
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.
do you have the old one off?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I do not have the old one off. This is part of the process I need to know. If I figure out how to get it off I think I can replace it. Please advise. Thank you----Jack
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.
The front is held on with a wire clamp use a flat head screwdriver to pop it off.Peel it off the front undo water inlet.Push it inside the tub there is a clamp holding it to the outer tub.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don"t understand what peel it off front undo water inlet. I looked at it briefly, did not see water inlet. Where exactly is the wire clamp. does it encircle the entire opening?
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.

Where it goes arond the door that is where it is located.There is a groove the clamp sits in.When you get the front of you will see where the water comes in.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Tom I'm sorry but I can't find any wire clamp or groove it fits in.I'm really trying. Are you sure you have the right modle # ? WF 337AAR
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.

Sorry my mistake the front should be glued on in spots around the front.Get your fingers under it and get it started you will need a flexable blade to remove it from the glue.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Is there a special glue for putting it back on and where would I get it
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.

Contact cement or some crazy glue anything that will adhere it to the front.


Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 8 years ago.

Just take it and start to pull it off.