Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

WHY DOES THE TOP RACK IN KITCHEN AID DISHWASHER NOT CLEAN THE

GLASSES (OR ANYTHING ON TOP)...
WHY DOES THE TOP RACK IN KITCHEN AID DISHWASHER NOT CLEAN THE GLASSES (OR ANYTHING ON TOP)? WHEN YOU OPEN THE DISHWASHER IT LOOKS AS THOUGH SOAP SCUM OR CAKED SOAP IS ON THE DISHES IN TOP RACK. THE DISHES ON TOP HAVE TO BE WASHED BY HAND . NOT USING TOP RACK AT THIS TIME.
4/13/2009
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
do you have a model number for this washer? And if you start a cycle and it starts washing, when you open the door quickly---is there a lot of pressure or not really.
The dishwasher belongs to my daughter in another state, therefore it takes some time to connect the info. The model number is XXXXX she has not noticed any pressure after stopping the washer and opening the door. I will be out of town from noon tomorrow until sat. night.
OK so I've included a breakdown of the pump below so you can see how to take it apart and reassemble it.

First thing you need to do is take out the bottom rack. After that you need to remove the bottom wash arm. To do this, grab the center plastic nut with your pliers and spin the washarm off. Next, you must take off the arm that goes to the back feed line. This comes out by turning the arm about 45-50 degrees in the clockwise direction. It clips onto the back arm so unclip it as you are turning it. You have to turn HARD, do not worry the plastic is sturdy and will not break. Just remove that arm and also the plastic nut.

Ok now we're down to where the picture shows us. There are 4 torx screws holding on number 1. Remove these screws and pull up on number 1 to take it out.

After that you will see all the rest of the parts. You must take number 8 off. There is one screw holding the plastic cover number 8. Remove this and DO NOT remove number 6. That is the part you are trying to get to. That part CAN NOT be easily reinstalled so just clean the screen with a toothbrush, but please do not remove it because it's very difficult to install and I have no tips on how to do so--- it's just a battle.

That should be about everything.

graphic
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc