Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hi~My Magic Chef stove has started beeping. I tried switching

Customer Question
back & forth between the...
Hi~My Magic Chef stove has started beeping. I tried switching back & forth between the timer & clock functions but to no avail.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/11/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

is this showing an error code ? can you get me model #? thanks Bryan

Model #3121WTV ...

By the way, I wanted to give more info before but hit the 'enter' button to create a new paragraph & my question was submitted instead.

There is an electronic clock/timer on the right side of the back of the stove. This morning the clock started beeping, even though I hadn't set an alarm (don't know how to), and it wasn't set on the 'timer' function.

I tried switching over to the timer function & then back to clock to see if that would reset it but it didn't work.

Currently, the only way I can keep the clock from beeping is to set it on the timer but it only works for 59 minutes, until the timer beeper goes off.

Not a good scene. Also, I tried unplugging it but it didn't seem to do anything to fix the problem.

is this the timer (clock) ? yours may be different color. let me know ,thanjks Bryan

No, it's an older model ( I bought it used.)

It has exterior, buttons: on the left round buttons, one for hour, one for minutes; on the right there's a button that slide up and down, up for clock & down for timer.

do you use the timer ? you have seperate controls for the oven right?

No, I don't use the timer normally.

The oven (and stove top) is gas and has separate old-style knobs on the front, not little electronic push-in buttons.

thats good , I have to step out for about and hor, when I return I'll tell you how to disconnect it if you dont need it. let me know and I'll check back when i return. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

That would be fine, thank you.

I will be outside in the garden but will check back later.

Thanks again.

ok I'm back . does you stove pull away from the wall? does it have a flex gas line on it so it moves? let me know thanks Bryan
Yes, I have it pulled away from the wall right now.
ok unplug the the power first. then remove the panel that covers the back of the clock assembly. let me know when you have it off. thanks Bryan

Bryan,

My husband took off a metal box & there are wires coming out of it. Three appear to be going up to the clock.

ok what color are they?

Sorry Bryan,

I got disconnected, had to leave & just got back.

Looks like my fellow followed your lead & disconnected something...no more beeps!

Thank you for your guidance and

Happy Easter.

thats great I waited for a reply but had to go out myself. Happy Easter and well wishes to you and your family. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician