Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a maytag front loader model #mah4000aww does not spin

Customer Question

i have a maytag front loader model #mah4000aww does not spin or drain
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is the lock light on? these have bad control boards in them. have you had this replaced in the past along with the wax motor in the door lock assembly? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes door lock is lit and i had motor and board replaced maybe 2 years ago
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

ok you may have a clog in your drain system or drain pump. you need to take the front panel off and check the drain pump for obstructions, here are some diagrams. you need to remove the screws in the front marked #16 on diagram on both sides and then lift up on the door and remove it then pull part# XXXXX off , thats the front panel then you will see the pump. get some towels and remove the hoses to see if you have something stuck in the pump. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks very much.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no problem if you need more info just ask. you can press accept and and leave the question open and still come back at no additional charge and ask me more if you need. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
drain is clear washer drains but does not spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

is this going back and forth in the agiatate cycle ,does the tub turn at all when it gets to spin? when you pull ed hoses off did allot of water come out.? let me know I'll be back in a couple of hours have to go back out for a bit. thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
tub turns not to much water.i think it drains but does not spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you say you replaced the motor and board in this , was it the control board in the top control panel? was it this board ? Main Control Board - Click Image to Closeor was it the motor control board that usually comes with the motor.? let me know thanks Bryan