Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Thermatronic II CMT combo oven and microwave. In

Customer Question
I have a Thermatronic II...
I have a Thermatronic II CMT combo oven and microwave. In the past I know I have seen the man replace the fuse for the microwave, and I have a spare. Can you remind me where that fuse goes?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/7/2009
Appliance Technician: rob clement, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Hi
Is this a thermadore oven? can you give me a model #.What problem are you having

Yes, it is a Thermador, Thermatronic II, double oven with the top doubling as a microwave. I have seen the tech replace the fuse before, I just don't remember where it is.

It was reasonably simple as I recall.

If it is a cmt oven you can partially remove the oven and access the control panel area and the fuse will be in there.Or you can remove the side trim,remove the top trim and remove the glass panel.the remove the screws on the metal frame that holds the control and swivel downward.

I had already done that and did not see any fuses. I did that before asking the question.

Can you give me a complete model # XXXXX
Yes, it is a CMT 21
Thanks give me a sec while research the exact location as there a about 9 different cmt ovens
Just extra info. The fuse I have is a Buss, 300V, GMF2. Again, I don't know how many of them are in the unit, but that is what I am trying to find.
I don't see any answers since about 8PM Eastern time last night, and that answer was insufficient as I explained, because I had already done what was suggested and could not find the fuse in question. Rob says he will be back in touch and I have heard nothing more. What is my next step?
It is now 20 hours after posting my question.
Any answers?
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
I'm not sure if this is the oven you have or the info you need but yhis is what the model you gave us comes up with. click here. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=232537 let me know thanks Bryan, P.S these are diagrams. maybe what your looking for is on these.
No, I found these on the Thermador web site myself. What I am looking for is the actual PLACEMENT of the fuse that goes in the unit. I believe it is essential for the microwave to operate. I have seen the tech replace it in the past, but it was several years ago. I have a spare fuse, but can't see where to place it.
ok sorry . its hard to find this model. if my memory serves me right though this fuse would be behind the main control panel, warning though,

Consumer Product Safety Commission

Electrocution Hazard with Do-It-Yourself Repairs of Microwave Ovens

CPSC Document #5061

The U. S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) warns against do-it-yourself repairs of microwave ovens. Each year, on average, four people die from electrocution trying to repair their microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use high voltage which makes it particularly hazardous for consumers to remove the cover and touch electrical parts. The possibility for electrical shock from a microwave oven still exists even after the oven is disconnected from the power source. Should certain internal devices fail, even unplugged ovens can cause serious injury.

The Commission strongly recommends that consumers have professionals repair microwave ovens because electrical appliances can be hazardous if consumers expose live electrical parts.

/!\ WARNING

ELECTROCUTION HAZARD
HIGH VOLTAGE

Removing the cover of your microwave oven and touching an electrical part can kill you.

Have a professional repair your microvave oven , be extremly careful if you open the control panel these microwaves can hold 5000 volts even when the power is off. I sorry you waited so long for your answers but this is hard to find diagrams on. how old is this unit? thanks Bryan
The unit is at least 25 years old. I have the power turned off to the entire unit. I have looked behind the control panel, but I do not see anywhere for this fuse. You will note that I have indicated in prior communication the fuse is a Buss, 300V, GMF2 and it is a simple replacement, if I can just find where it goes. If my microwave won't work after I try this, I will call an authorized service person, but I thought this would be a simple procedure, having seen it done in the past.
ok I think we are getting somewhere with this, I think we found some info on this but theres seventeen pages and i.m having dinner but my partner is checking and i'll get back to you soon. thanks Bryan
OK, I am going through the scematics on the Thermador site at this time myself.
I have found what might be the part on the parts list. It is number 86 but I can't find that number in the scematics to see where it goes. On their site it is part number 14-19-770, but I don't know that it helps to know that.
ok if you find it before we do let us know we are working on your problem as we speak. thanks Bryan
its on the right side of the oven near the magnetron, barry is sending me a picture of it but he said its not very clear. I'll get back to you soon and forward it to you.
I finally found a scematic with it shown, but, as you said, it is not very clear. Let's see what Barry is sending to see if it is clearer.
ok let me see if this goes through and you can see it. graphic
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Yes, it went through, and that is the same scematic that I found on their web site as well. I have used that and searched the back of the paner and the inside, but I still can't find the part 112 that they say the fuse goes into. I must be over my head.
However, you have done much more to help than anyone and I am hitting the accept button for your effort.
Thanks,
thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this is kinda hidden barry say's it has a cap you have to unscrew and pull the fuse out of a fuse holder. look for a black cap i believe, sorry we couldnt tell you exactly what to do though. he says its near the magnetron so be carefull if you spot it. thanks so much,well wishes Bryan
Thanks,
your welcome. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician