Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

i have a kenmore elite side by side refrigerator , model 106.54602300,

i have a kenmore elite side by side refrigerator , model 106.54602300, about a week ago i emptyed out the ice storage bucket put it back in left for work that nite i checked for ice it had not made any ,and still has not ,i went through all trouble shooting in booklet that came with it,i stuck my finger in where i think the ice would be but no ice in their ilooked to see if a ice cube had lift arm stuck but did not see that ,checked every thing book said to look for if you have any answers let me know thanks. larry is my name.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 8 years ago.
looking at the icemaker and tell me if the ejector fingers that push the ice out if they are pointing towards 2 oclock
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they look to be in the downflat position
close the freezer door and give it 10 minutes and open the door and see if the fingers has moved and let me know please
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
your reply said close freezer doorand give it 10 minutes and open door and see if the fingers has moved and let me know ,did i miss anything,just opening door and looking in is what i have been doing for days.
you said the ejector fingers in the icemaker was pointing down flat and i was wanting to see if they have moved after 10 minutes ,,, understand now
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they are in the flat position isnt that the position it stays in untill its ready to dump ice
no ,,, they stop at 2 oclock so this means the module on the icemaker has burnt out or broken ,,, the part number for the part you need is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it cost $76.99 and to replace it you will need to take the icemaker out and then remove the 3 screws from the head and replace the module and this will fix the problem / larry
graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
there is no water in the maker should i turn off water suply off befor trying to take maker out
no ,,, the water will not come out until the icemaker calls for water and once the new part is installed and the icemaker is put back in it will then start to cycle and fill