Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer in the UK
13782322

We have a Miele Novotronic W 1926 washing machine and the door

Customer Question

We have a Miele Novotronic W 1926 washing machine and the door wont open (and the water inside hasnt drained out from the last wash). Any ideas on how to fix? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Set it to a spin or drain programme, if it doesn't drain you'll need to drain it manually.

There should be a thin tube beside the filter to drain it down.

Once drained down the door should open and you can also take the filter out and clear out the debris stopping the machine from draining.

Let me know how you get on.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for responding!

Can you advise where the thin tube is? Just at the bottom left side of the face of the machine is a little door I've popped open. Inside the door there is a big round cap, which I havnt been able to turn, and then to the left of this there is a thin tube that it is attached to the latch of the little door. Any suggestions on which I should go at. Thanks!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

The thin tube should be the drain.

The big cap is the filter, once the water is out you need to get that cap unscrewed and out to clear out the filter.

If you prefer you can drop the drain hose into a bucket and do the majority of the water drain quicker.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
great funny question!! buw do we get the little thin tube to drain - it doesnt seem to be a tap, or something to unscrew. Thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, it is the drain hose but instead of a plug you have to turn the filter cap anticlockwise 2 or 3 times.

I've attached the link to the user manual for you, page 22 explains how the tube works.

Click here for the manual

Hope this helps

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
MANY THANKS. Very much appreciated. My best wishes, T.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 8 years ago.

Hiya,

Thank you for the prompt payment, it is appreciated.

Glad to have helped.

Thanks