Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I just purchased a Refrigerator in august and now I will be

I just purchased a Refrigerator in august and now I will be using the refrigerator for the next 7 -9 months should i leave on or should i unplug it and leave the doors open?
it's probably best to shut it down and leave the doors open as to not waste energy or wear and tear on the moving parts. You can turn it off at the circuit breaker or just unplug the unit.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
I just purchased a refrigertor in august and I will not be using it for the next 7-9 months.
should I leave it on or should I unplug it & leave the doors open? I was told that the freon
might not work later is that true?
I would unplug it and leave the doors open to. The freon will still work as long as you dont tip the frig on its side. If you leave the doors closed it will start to smell.