How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rob clement Your Own Question
rob clement
rob clement, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 593
Experience:  20 years experiance working on all major brands of appliances
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
rob clement is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a maytage neptune washer. Today the water just kept

This answer was rated:

I have a maytage neptune washer. Today the water just kept filling up in the machine and leaking out from the bottom of the door. I opened the door the water just gushed out. I also got a shock from the washer as well. Is something fried or shorted ? Bill
Hi Bill
You have a problem with the pressure switch or connecting tubing or something is clogged.Can you give ma a model # XXXXX I can help you better.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HI Rob, Model Number MAH5500BWW - Why Would I get a shock ?
Appliances are not like your lights,they are allowed to break the neutral and leave the hot line on all the time so there is a current path.If you are on a conductive surface or a wet area you can get a shock..Is the washer overfilling while you are washing a load or when it si not being used?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I was standing in the water..... I understand...... As far as the washing machine filling and not stopping.... What do you think is wrong.... ???

Is it overfilling with water while in use ,or is it filling up overnight?If it is overfilling while in use the pressure switch is probably bad.Or the tubing and ports are clogged.Try cleaning the machine with a product called afresh(you can google it).If it overfills while not in use the watervalve is most likely bad.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It overfills while in use... How do I replace the pressure switch ? where is it located and what does it look like ?
You need to remove the door and front panel,raise the top and it will be a reddish brown and black round piece with wires and a hose attached.It will be either on the pump on the lower right side or in the control panel
rob clement and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Awesome - Thank You
Sorry,forgot to memtion the screws in the dispensor,they will have to be removed also.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

HI Rob,


It was the pressure Switch - Piece of cake to exchange Thanks Again

Anytime.Just ask me