Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

MAH8700AWW was giving error code 2E, so I replaced the control

board with part #34001498 from...
MAH8700AWW was giving error code 2E, so I replaced the control board with part #34001498 from partselect.com. Now the spin cycle seems really slow, and during the spin diagnostic test it topped our at 180 rpm and gave an 8E diagnostic code. Kinda stuck right now, any suggestions?
4/1/2009
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Are you sure it says 8e?

Yeah, here's the steps I'm taking:

1. Enter service mode by pressing Chime & Extra Rinse for 3 seconds

2. Press Rinse & Spin to view initial diagnostic code display - shows 0

3. Rotate Cycle Selector to view diagnostic codes, the only one that is displayed is 8E

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Clear the diagnostic codes and test again, if the error returns as there is no 8E diagnostic code it will be a bad control that you installed...

Clear Diagnostic Codes

To clear the diagnostic codes list, press the Delay and

Chime keys for 3 seconds while viewing the list.

I'll try that, however, I've read some other posts here that indicate 8E, while not in the service manual, indicates either "The 8E means that either the control board at the top which has a MEMS sensor (comes with the board) is not allowing the unit to go into high speed spin. Or the stater motor on the back has lost a phase because one of the windings has shorted". Any thoughts on this?
Did you do the tests listed in the paperwork when you installed the new board and sensor to see if the sensor was reaponding correctly....FYI that cable that comes from MEMS sensor has a white and a black end, they must match color where they are plugged into...
I don't know that I have a MEMS sensor. I don't see anything with a white and black end. The new control board did not come with a sensor nor did it come with any paperwork.
What is the serial number of your unit?
Unfortunately I'm at work right now so I won't be able to get it until later this afternoon. I'll post back when I have it.
I will be around tonightso no problem
Ok, serial # XXXXX: 11278683GP
Your model for your unit should have been 34001494 , not 34001498 , which upgrades what you already have, the one you have is obsolete. the new one need the mems sensor which the board you have does not allow for it...
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician