Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I misplaced the wire chart I marked to replace my GE electric

Customer Question
dryer motor # XXXXX there...
I misplaced the wire chart I marked to replace my GE electric dryer motor # XXXXX there are 6 main wires and 3 smaller wires to install the new motor can someone direct me to the right wire configuration to put this motor in correctly
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Can i have the model# XXXXX
GE DBXR463ED1WW Dryer ,motor model is WE17M22 Please help me out man I spent so much on this it hurts
What collour are the wires?
Red Green Pink Yellow Plum And Gray
I have a schematic and cant figure it out if you can tell me the order from top to bottom you will be more helpful please reply
The motor should be labaled m1,m2,m3,m4 is this right?
No when I took off the wires from the old motor I wrote down from bottom to top the color of the wires to that connecter and now I can find the paper I wrote that on their are 6 connecters and 6 wires again gray red yellow pink green and plum or purple I want to put the right wire to the right connecter can you assist me please

can I call you?

So on the motor the switch where the wires go is not labeled with numbers.
No I have the old motor in front of me and there is no numbers
If the motor switch is not labeled with numbers or colour coded there is not much i can do.
can you look at the schematic and advise me from that?
On the schamatic the wires are numbered thos numbers match the numbers on the motor if the motor is not numbered we have a problem.
there are no numbers on the switch of the motor that I can see do you know where the numbers may be?

On the motor switch where the wires are suppose to connect.

no numbers and if you can look at the schematic and advise that could help me please advise!
If the motor switch is not labeled that wont help because each wire is numberedIt does not show the switch.It only tells you which number on the switch the wire is suppose to go to.
I found numbers on the motor switch but no numbers on the wires

Look on you wireing diagram at the motor on it it should say M5-red /M6pink /M2 plum and so on.Just follow that and you will not have a problem.I have to leave for a hour but i will be back if yoiu still need me.

ok ill work on that and get back to you thanks

having trouble motor was smoking

I think you should call a tech before you ruin the motor.
thats why Im consulting you your the expert that Im paying for unless you are not an expert

Which wires did you hook up to which numbers?

there are 6 wires a purple comes from electricity from back of machine as does red one,theres a light pink that comes from heater element also a darker pink from a switch which is on floor or dryer, there is a yellow/brown coming from the door and a brown that runs from the top down,on the motor switch theres a (ground connecter) then a M5,then M4 then M6 then M1 then M2 connecters from top to bottom, the schematic sayes M1 black,M2 purple,M4 brown/yellow,M5 Red, M6 pink can you figure this out from top to bottom because I have a light pink coming from heater element brown coming from start switch and green ground screwed to motor housing.

Can you send me a picture of it?
of motor or whole job?
Motor switch and wires
ok do you have an e-mail address?
You can put it on here.
how
Just import the pic
graphicgraphicgraphicgraphic hope you get these!
I can't open them
if you have an e-mail ill foward them to you
ldrger-idler-pulley.jpg (31244 bytes)see if this helps
Tom thanks for the pic but wires are different colors

1- black

2- purple

4- yellow

5- red

6- pink

i know this but I dont have a black I have a light pink coming from heater element and a dark pink coming from a switch on floor of the dryer and a brown coming down from top of dryer can I e-mail you these pics please you'll see what im talking about
That is against the rules you need to put the pics on here.
graphic

graphic

graphic

graphic

Send me a pic of the diagram you have
Its the same one you sent me!
There has to be a black wire.
No sir there is not thats what Im saying
That brown wire should go to the switch under the idler arm pulley.

Is there anything else you can add Tom?

Did you get it figured out?
I've got it like this M1 sayes black M2 sayes purple M4Yellow/brown M5 Red M6 Pink and Green Ground right? thats how I hooked them up

Thats it.

well the motor was smoking so it cant be right I dont have a black wire!

The wireing diagram you sent me says you do.

it sayes black but there is no black wire its light Pink
Where did you get the wireing diagram you sent me?
Is black as same as lt pink?
No.Did you get the wireing diagram from the machine or did you get it off the internet.
My machine and I've made some headway I put pink wire to W4 and element heats up and motor doesnt smoke but when I plug it in dyrer runs without hitting strart button so a wire is crossed
I guess you don't want to tell me where you got the diagram from
from the back of my dryer by the control panel i need to find the wire that is for on/off start button
If you look at the diagram pink and red come from the start switch
Brown and red on my dryer come from start switch,the problem now is it wont shutoff unless you unplug it so i need to switch 2 wires to make correct connection Tom
That brown wire is suppose to go to the switch under the idler pulley look at the diagram
done that ,which leaves red and (green ground) I put green on ground and red on M5 and motor wont shut off unless unpluged why?
Check your start switch make sure it is not stuck closed.
did that too It should be correct connection right?
It sounds like it is.
well what else can you see in the diagram im not seeing?
If you open the door does it shut off?
yes if door is open but goes back on when door is closed
How did you check the start switch?
didn't check it!
If the start switch is fine then when you smoked the motor it cooked the switch and the motor is no good.
why are the heater element and motor working properly then?if I change the pink wire to m1 the start switch works but motor smokes
I can only tell you what the wireing diagram says you say there is no black wire so i don't know.What i do no is that you have ruined the motor when you hooked it up wrong so i don't know what else to tell you.
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician