Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I remove the defrost pan from a KitchenAid refrigerator

model No. KSFS25FKBL? Appears...
How do I remove the defrost pan from a KitchenAid refrigerator model No. KSFS25FKBL? Appears it will not come out without breaking it. No room from the front due to interference of bracket and water filter case.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2009
Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
You can remove the water filter case pretty easy with just a couple of screws.
Appliance Man
I removed the 2 screws holding in the Water filter case, but it did not appear to be easy to remove it. In order to remove the defrost pan, I need to be able to remove the filter case.
Yes but way ar you trying to remove the pan.
I am removing the pan because it is cracked. My daughter tried to remove it and it cracked and is eaking water. You advised to remove the water filter case. I tired by removing the two screws, but that did not help as it did not appear to easy to remove.
Try tipping the frig backwards and remove it from the bottom.
I do not feel tipping the refrigerator back will help remove the water filter housing to provide access to the drain pan as the cabinet has a full metal floor plate.
Appliance Man
Appliance Man