Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

actuator

Customer Question
I am installing a new...
I am installing a new actuator for my side by side refigerator. It is used to start the water. I am having trouble with where the spring goes. I can't it get back together properly.

Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/15/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
can you get me make and model#? thanks Bryan
frigidaire plhs67e6sb4
is this what you need to instal? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=I'm looking for diagrams on this but have had no luck yet.
That is what I am trying to install. I have everything in the right spot except for the spring which controls the water going on and off. I can't seem to get it to fit in the right spot. It has a little hook on one end, a spiral middle and no hook on the other end. thanks
I know what your talking about but I cant find diagram on it to show you. the little hook goes oth the acuator and then you need to spin the spring and then place it against the wall of the refrigerator where the acuator goes. you only need to turn the spring once to get it to hold the acuator out.here are the diagrams. click here http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5155648 let me know if this helps. its all I can find. thanks Bryan

where does it hook on the actuator and do i need to have it back in place in order to spin the spring properly?

yeah you need to set the spring on the acuator and then get it in place on one side and then turn the spring until you have tension then finnish putting it in all the way. these can be tricky and there all different thats why its hard to explain. let me look at the diagrams and see if I can see how yours goes. thanks Bryan
ok the spring is part # XXXXX on the daigram I sent you ,it has to go on the metal rod part # XXXXX and then before you put the other end of the rod through part # XXXXX you have to get the assembly back into placve and have tention on the spring when you put the rest of the rod through the other side. this is difficult though.

i plugged everything back in and when i hit the actuator down, it does not turn on the water.

do you have a volt meter? let me know Bryan
did you get my last reply, let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician