Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Re:Frigidaire side by w/ ice maker ... It quit dispensing…

Customer Question
re:Frigidaire side by w/ ice...
re:Frigidaire side by w/ ice maker ... It quit dispensing ice. After inadvertantly having the on/off arm in off position, the ice maker dispensed all the ice. upon investigating why there was no ice the arm was moved to on position. The ice maker made ice but the dispenser hasn't worked since. The bin has been slid out and back in to see if anything was stuck behind it.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2009
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Hello when you press the water or ice actuator do you hear the motor running that brings the ice forward? Also what is the model number?

The water still works. The ice actuator does not create any motor action or noise.

From the label inside the frig... looks like the frig/freezr model # = FRS6R5ESBL (the B could be an 8) and a model/type sub # for the ice maker of JSI-26

Ok when you press the ice actuator in do you hear a click?
No. Nothing. The only noice is the flap closing when you let off.
Ok that is your problem the actuator or the switch inside is bad.Post back if you have more questions.