Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have Maytag Atlantis MDE6400AYW dryer. I pull the start knob

I have Maytag Atlantis MDE6400AYW dryer. I pull the start knob and it makes a noise like it wants to start but nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

does it make a buzzing noise when you try to start it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It does make a buzz sound but doesnt tumble
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok you need two people to do this test. try having someone hold the door switch button in while you push the start button and turn the drum with your hand , let me know if it starts then. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is running now but making a strange noise kinda of like a loud hum as it turns
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you need a motor in this. this is the motor . Part 776953it runs about $114.00 at this site. http://www.appliancepartspros.com/partsearch/model.aspx?model_id=5170647 change this and you will be all set. hope this helps. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you provide me with installation instructions for the motor
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I can get you the diagrams. this is kinda a big job you need to take the front off and the drum out then you need to release the motor clips and the blower assembly. you can probably do it but I would recomend getting the motor then come back and let me walk you through it. the site i gave you has the diagrams for dryer. let me know thanks Bryan