Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do I replace the glass on NGSE3WZAQC I have the glass

How do I replace the...
How do I replace the glass on NGSE3WZAQC? I have the glass but there were not foil adhesive strips on the shattered one.
3/11/2009
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

is this the glass you need to replace.? let me know ,thanks Bryan, Part 833657

Yes, it looks like it. Ordered the part from Home Depot #833657 and the other # XXXXX XXXXXXXXXX The glass shattered and was held in place by two foam adhesive strips. The replacement came with foil adhesive strips. It appears the glass should just slide in but I want to do it right and safely.

Thank you so much for your help!

jan

it does just slide into place the thing to be carefull with is to make sure you get all the small glass shards out of the slot it goes in . it say this glass comes with foil according to the parts site. just make sure the slots are clean. let me know . I'm including a link with the diagrams of the door. click here, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/ partsdirect/getSubComp.pd?modelNumber=NGSE3WZAQC&productCategoryId=0124111&brandId=1428&modelName=ELECTRIC-RANGE&diagramPageId=00004&componentDescription=DOOR&documentId=R0201085&backToLink=Return%20to%20Sub%20Components%20list hope this helps. Bryan

I gave it a quick try this morning before coming to work. It can't slide in from the side. I noticed that it can go up underneath but doesn't appear to have enough clearence on the bottom to go over the bottom track and set down into it. Am I just being too gentle? I did check the tracks for glass with a flat screwdriver. I'll check again tonight and use a vaccuum cleaner to double check. What do I do with the foil? Thanks so much for your help! You're very patient.

Jan

i believe on this you have to remove thye handle and top part to get this in they dont slide in from the side. you need to plce it in the bottom then put the top back together to replace. let me know if you get it appart. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

My stove is back together! Thank you so much for your help and patience.

Jan

I'm glad to hear that. thanks. well wishes Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician