Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore he3 model # XXXXX 42926 200. What are the steps

Customer Question

I have a kenmore he3 model # XXXXX 42926 200. What are the steps in a preventtive maintenance. Can I preform the pm while just removing the front panel or will I need to pull the washer out? How do I download the tech manual and instructions for my washer and dryer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
if you need the tech sheets they are suppose to be in a plastic bag inside the machine usually stuck to the right side once you have the bottom front panel off. also there is a coin catch filter right in the front of machine once the cover is off , turn this counter clockwise and clean the catch for pump maintenance, there really isnt allot of other maintenance to do on these. you can click here for diagrams , http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/getModel!retrieve.pd;jsessionid=NhL+RPngyIlFVva047yFLg**.shcapp3005?modelNumber=110+42926+200&pop=flush you dont need to pull the machine out, hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

How do you check the condition of the belt during a pm. I just paid for a pm and the belt broke on the first load after. Tech says that it appears that the belt slipped and tore. I suspect that the slip was caused by something tthat he did as there were no issues with the washer before the pm.

Jami

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
these have one belt on the back that turns the drum there should be an access panel on the rear of machine I'll have to check your model though, i check it and its hard to tell if theres a cover that comes off on the back. the best thing to do is pull machine out and look at the center middle back. these belts rarely ever go I think your right the tech did something to make it break. I've seen them come off but not break often.let me know thanks Bryan