How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask master appliance tech Your Own Question
master appliance tech
master appliance tech, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1797
Experience:  6 years+ in home service own and operate my own in home appliance repair company
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
master appliance tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have Kenmore washer/dryer combo unit. The dryer is making

This answer was rated:

I have Kenmore washer/dryer combo unit. The dryer is making loud clanking noises. I am thinking I need to replace the belts and wheels? could you let me know if I am on the right track? Also, how do you open this unit to get to the dryer components? The Model # XXXXX XXXXX
your on the right track but there is not rollers in this dryer. there is a rear bearing. you might also have coins in your flaps.

to get in to this dryer you need to take the cover off ( that sits in between the washer and dryer 2 screws ) then there are 2 servers on the edge one is a little black one and the one right nest to that ( 4 total ) after there out then the control panel will drop down. there is a plug that goes up just one un plug it. there are 2 more screws at the bottom of the front of the dryer and 4 on top take them out and pull the front off.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Could you help me understand where to take the cover off? Is it where the control panel is or below that? I saw the 4 screws on the top and when I took that off I couldn't get in.


So, do you think I should purchase a new rear bearing? At some points it sounds like a spring is winding and then unwinding...could that be the idler pulley?

there are 2 screws under the control panel

I think you should take the unit apart and see what is broken before you go buy parts
master appliance tech and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you