Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Axxis-WFL2060oc/01-vo1 washer. The rubber front gasket

Customer Question
has a rip in it...
I have a Axxis-WFL2060oc/01-vo1 washer. The rubber front gasket has a rip in it. I purchased a new gasket but I don't know how to replace. Can I do it myself?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Techdesk, Field Service Engineer replied 8 years ago
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer

Hiya,

You can do this yourself if you have reasonable diy skills and a toolkit.

Unplug the appliance from the wall socket first.

Take the lid off the appliance, then open the door and take out the retaining ring holding the door seal to the front of the appliance. Just pull the door seal lip back to see the retaining ring.

Peel the door door seal off the front panel.

Now take the retaining ring off that holds the seal to the tub.

Pull the door seal off and out of the machine through the port hole.

Fit the new seal to the tub, refit the retaining ring to the tub seal.

Fit the new seal to the front panel, refit the retaining ring to the front panel seal.

You may find it helps to pull the machine out a little and tilt it back, this gives a couple of inches more hand room.

Look carefully at how the original seal is fitted before pulling it off, this will help you in the fitting of the new seal.

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks

It's 1:30 am in the morning here so I can't do too much. Questions: have the first retaining ring off, but I can't seem to find the second retaining ring which holds the seal to the tub. Do I need any special tools?
What does the second retaining ring look like?
Thank you so much for your quick answer!
Will try this later in day.

Hiya,

You shouldn't need any special tools other than perhaps, torx screwdriver bits.

The inner retaining ring will be close to the plastic drum.

If there is no sign of it, it could be a spring that is used. If it's a spring you should be able to pull the old seal off complete with spring.

If it's the screw type then the screw will be between the front weight and the seal.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Aloha,
Thank you for your infinite patience!
If I am looking at the front of the washer, about what position-clockwise-would the screw be? And what is the front weight?

Craig

Hiya,

When you take the seal off the front panel look inside, you'll see the weight fixed to the front of the tub.

If there is a screw you'll see this anywhere between the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

If there is no screw it's likely to be a spring as I explained earlier.

The changing of a door seal is really straight forward, you just have to look carefully and remember what you've done then reverse it to fit the new one.

Good luck with the repair.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Aloha,
Yay! I got the gasket off! It was a spring but it was hidden-couldn't see it!
I'm trying to get the new one on-umm-forgot how it went on.
Thank you-will be off to Home Depot now.
Will contact you later on my progress.
Have a great Sunday!
Craig
Will try this later in day.
Hi Fred,
You da' Man! Aloha for your fine service. It was quick and very professional! I appreciate that!

I finally got the new gasket on after some (expected) challenges. I'm running some laundry now and I think the fix is good.

Craig

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how you got on with it.

Thank you also for the prompt payment and the bonus. It is appreciated.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Techdesk
Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer