Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My Maytag dishwasher has sprung a leak - appears to be running

My Maytag dishwasher has sprung a leak - appears to be running over the plastic rim at the bottom of the door. The model # XXXXX XXXXX - Serial# XXXXX XXXXX
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

ok let me check your model and i'll be right back. thanks Bryan
how much water is comming out? is it alot or a little? does this happen when its filling or after it starts washing. ? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Bryan -

The "leak" is more accurately a drip which comes from between the door itself and the equipment panel cover at the bottom. When I put my finger on the bottom of the door and move it around, I can feel water on the bottom of the door. Usually about 1/2 to 1 cup of water Customer up on the floor during a typical wash cycle.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Win D.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan-

Sorry, didn't see the second part of your question. The dripping occurs at random times during the cycle.

Win

this is most likely your problem. Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=its soap dispensor door latch seal kit, click here , http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-DWU4910AAX+-%3d%3di1266643&PartID=1266643 it costs around $5.00 and should take care of your problem .thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan - Sorry to be so slow - this is my maiden voyage on the website. Do I need to write down the website address for the place you referred/ or will the info still be available after I click Accept?

Thanks

it will still be available after you accept. i will be here to help, I believe if you just click on the website i sent you (in blue) it will take you right to the page i need you to see.if you read what it says it will tell you that this is the cause for most door leaks. thanks Bryan