Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 3 year old GE Profile Trivection oven that has suddenly

Customer Question
died. It is electric, stove...
I have a 3 year old GE Profile Trivection oven that has suddenly died. It is electric, stove top still working
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/22/2009
Appliance Technician: John, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
John, Home Appliance Technician
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

please send me the model #
There's really nothing else to tell, a couple of days ago it was working and suddenly I notice the clock is off and the light doesn't come on when the oven is opened. It is completely dead. I'm thinking it's one of the boards behind the control panel on the front?

Hi

Yes you right about the clock

It s failed for sure

send me the model #

i can find one for you

On the side of the door it says: model number & color J S998SOH1SS. During the first year one of the boards was replaced because the clock didn't keep accurate time and I figured since it was under warranty I would get it fixed. Overall I am disappointed with this ridiculously expensive oven.

http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?s=t-JS998SOH1SS-%3d%3dc212

Heres both the parts your looking for

Hope that helps you

Please accept

The Appliance Doc

How do you know for sure that that these are what will fix the problem and that I need both of them. They're very expensive. I have no idea how to install them. Is it easy?

Hi Do you have a meter to check the timer

No I don't. I'm amazed at the cost of these parts. Trying to save some money here by possible fixing. Had no clue it would be so costly. In your experience does this oven often have problems?

Yes and most of the problems

are with the clocks I see questions here every day

Here on this just answer site

I had no idea. I feel like I should complain to GE. So if the clock is fixed this will make the oven work again? How come I need two parts? Are they both for the clock? If I order them from where you directed me can I return them if they don't work? Thanks so much, just trying to understand this stuff!

Hi

thats the bad part No returns on electrical parts

And you only nee the one the bigger one

But I thought you said I needed both parts? How is it I need only one? If I purchase it and it's not what I need are you liable since I wouldn't be able to return it? You can appreciate that I don't want to end up purchasing any more than I need. Are you sure this main board is going to fix the problem?

Hi I would be 100 % sure, if you had a meter to check the clock

Other wise its a good guess

I don't know that an average home owner would have a meter reader so what should I do? Could you please answer the liability ? in my previous e-mail?

I cannot be responsible for your purchase

Like i said without a meter And proper checking

Thats as far as I go

Thanks

ok thanks a lot for your help.
ok thanks
John, Home Appliance Technician