Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

sub zero model 516 ice maker does not work. Water flow good

sub zero model 516 ice maker does not work. Water flow good as i disconnected it. What next
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there could be different reasons for this . let me chek the model .thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
correction it is model 561
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the first thing you need to check is the water tube that feeds into the back of the ice maker. make sure its not frozen. how old is this unit?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the other thing is the water valve itself. do you have a volt meter and know how to use it?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I checked that, its not frozen. Unit is Feb 1999 manufacture date. Is the water valve on the bottom of fridge?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
this is a side by side dual compressors on top right? check up in the top and see if you see a water valve it should look like this .Part 753858
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you tell me if the ice maker is turning. are the fingers going around?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no its not turning, very difficult to move manually
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

its sounds to me like your ice maker is shot. they came out with a new module type for this recently this is it. Part 818945Part 818945you can order this for $158.00 at this site. click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-561-%3d%3db114c248i818945&PartID=818945 hope this helps. thanks Bryan.