Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a hotpoint stove and the oven has trouble staying lit,

I have a hotpoint stove and the oven has trouble staying lit, I dont know if I am using the wrong timer buttons or what iam doing wrong.Could I get a new instruction book as i cant find mine. Also my stove is 6 years old. Please answer me back soon.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this just the oven not staying lit or is the top burners going out also. ? let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
we have no trouble with the top burners. But in order to get the oven to lite you have to turn on one of the top burners.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok can you get me the model#? I'll look this up. its a strange problem. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
317b6641p001
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well your model# XXXXX comming up but what I believe your problem is the igniter is getting weak. the igniters are only good for about 5-6 years before they need replacing. this should be the igniter for yours. Part 1990if you can check the model # XXXXX I'll make sure . your igniter is in the bottom under the bottom plate inside the oven. even though it gets red its not drawing enough amps the lite the burner, we do allot of these. hope this helps Bryan