Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

model no. frs22zrg side by side -- ice and water dispenser

Customer Question
model no.   frs22zrg side by...
model no.   frs22zrg side by side -- ice and water dispenser quit working - in freezer door. the light DOES work.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/14/2009
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
there should be more 3's on the model # XXXXX check the tag inside fresh food section and let us know , thanks Bryan

THE TAG ON THE INSIDE WALL OF THE FRIDGE IS ONLY WHAT I GAVE YOU --NO 3'S, NO OTHER NUMBERS

FROST PROOF SIDE BY SIDE IS THE ONLY OTHER INFO THERE.

I know you have probably already checked this but it has happened before,,,have you checked the safety switch on the dispenser? Also do you have a volt meter?

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
YES I HAVE A METER -- WHERE IS THE SAFETY SWITCH??

I did a model search here

http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-results.php

I chose the middle choice in the models. All are side by sides and looked at the electrical drawing.

I see the switch also disables the dispenser light and you said that was working. If the door has nt been off recently try this. If it has been off recently let me know and we will go from there.

Open the freezer door. Press the freezer door switch with one hand and try to dispense with the other hand...See what happens if anything.

FREEZER DOOR SWITCH ? I ASSUME YOU MEAN THE BUTTON THAT SHUTS OFF THE LIGHT WHEN YOU CLOSE THE DOOR.

i DID THAT AND TRIED TO DISPENSE ICE -- NOTHING NO NOISE

If you look at number 14 in the drawing that is the first piece to come off...looking up at the bottom end of that piece there are 2 screws to remove....remove those screws and pull it off alot of times one of those buttons will pop off the switch so as your disassembling try to notice if that has happened. Once you get that first piece off its fairly easy to see how to disassemble the rest. I believe this model will have 2 switches mounted on a board, If the buttons are ok then you will want to test for power coming to those switches,,,be careful as there is 120 volts there at all times...I would unplug it until I was ready to actually test for the voltage.

graphic
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician