Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE double wall oven (model J KP40C) with a faulty

I have a GE double wall oven (model J KP40C) with a faulty program select control panel that does not respond to button or timing dial any more, and only blinks the time. I have tried to locate a replacement control unit online but have not been successful in finding it.   The control is on the left hand side on the top. Can you guide me to the right part or give advice on the fix? I understand that there was a GE recall of some wall units for control panel problems, and would also like to know if this model was affected.   It was installed sometime around 1995, I think.   Thank you,
you model # XXXXX seem to come up. where are you getting the # XXXXX the oven or the book? try to find complete model # XXXXX of the oven and let us know, we will try our best to help you, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you, A1Speedy,

I am reading it off of the model number badge inside of the door, and have now used a highlighter to see the stamped letters better:

Model # XXXXX KP 40G o K4WC

Serial # XXXXX 609604 G

The display just blinks, so I don't know if there is a way to reset it, or if it is more likely a damaged control unit. I am comfortable replacing it if I can find the part, unless you know of a neat trick to reset it!

thanks
ok thats better but I have some bad news for you if this diagram is your oven the clock is no longer available, I can check some of my warehouses and see if I can find one for you but cant promise . if I find one i will come back on and let you know , click here for diagrams, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Okay, thanks for the quick response, Brian, and I look forward to some good news. I tried the circuit breakers to see if it resets. the program switch rotates through the different modes, but the clock control dial doesn't adjust the time. the stove works fine in all of the other controls.
well I'll try my best later. (not open yet) please press accept I can still reply after and let you know. thanks and well wishes Bryan

Hi this is Bryan, I checked 25 of my warehouses and unfortunately all of them had the same answer , no longer available. sorry i tried everywhere. I was hoping this would take one of the replacement they make for some older units theres some rewiring involved but they don't even have one for yours. I wish i had better news. best wishes and thank you for the accept and bonus I just wish I could have come through for you. thanks again Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I appreciate your having tried. I couldn't figure out how to find the part number in the link you sent, if you have that handy, I will keep trying to find it. thanks again, eric
sure wish I could have done more for you. the original part # XXXXX far I can tell is wb19x5292 try this site to look at parts but they dont have it either, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php I'll keep trying but just dont know where yet. thanks Bryan