Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Sears treadmill - Spacemaker 1000LS. After running normally for a few minutes, stops dead

Customer Question
Resumes speed when you step...
Resumes speed when you step off the belt, and stops again after a short time. Noticed that belt is slightly off center. Has gotten progressively worse. Too dangerous to continue using. Can you suggest something?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/4/2009
Appliance Technician: william, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
william, Home Appliance Technician

take off end caps near where you would get on at there should be adjustments tweek them for they are very touchy

Are the end caps you refer to at the front or rear of the treadmill?

im sorry well that depends it should be where you get on at

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand.

I stand on the edges, roughly half way from front to back, and step onto the belt from there..

Are you talking about taking off the sides or the ends?

take the end caps off the back try that

william, Home Appliance Technician
william, Home Appliance Technician