Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have an older Pour-o-Matic that has been the best brewing

I have an older Pour-o-Matic that has been the best brewing system I have ever seen. My problem started with the lighted switch on the front. First the lite stopped working and then the switch. I have a replacement part on order. I had to gain access to the switch ti identify the correct part, and found a broken wire on what I think must be a thermostat. "made of copper about 3 1/2 in long, mounted in the top of the water tank. The wire is broken down inside of the tube leaving no repair option. Can you identify this part, or Email a wire schematic? and is the part [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.
The part is going to be a thermal fuse, however I have no part numbers for this item nor a wiring diagram to go by, but explanation of this part is exactly what it has to be...