How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyler Z. Your Own Question
Tyler Z.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 79445
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Tyler Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Side by Side Profile Model 27 162D7736P005 with Electronic

Resolved Question:

I have a Side by Side Profile Model 27 162D7736P005 with Electronic Monitor/Diagnoxtics and the ice maker does not work. I can see that water is reaching the top of the clear tube in th eback of the fridg but it does not seem to be pulling into the ice maker. The control arm is down. I do nto hear any buzz when I move control arm to down position. Any suggestions? PS where is the solenoid?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
The solenoid is at the very back of the unit--- it's the piece that the water line from your house connects into.

If water is getting to the top of the line but not going into the icemaker then you have a frozen fill tube. Use a hair dryer to thaw out the fill tube that feeds the icemaker water. Once you clear the fill tube, if the water still does not come up but the water line is no longer frozen---then you need to replace the solenoid valve on the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

1. I need to take ice bin out to use hair dryer on the fill tube you metntion which which is inside freezer compartment correct?


2 The solenoid you speak of is on the back of fridg on the bottom near where the incoming water line from the basement comes in at. Correct?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 8 years ago.
those are both exactly correct--- if you have more questions just post here again
Tyler Z. and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you