Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Hoover Dust Manager Cyclonic 2000w vacuum cleaner.

When I hoover with it...
I have a Hoover Dust Manager Cyclonic 2000w vacuum cleaner. When I hoover with it it stops after about 2 minutes and needs a rest! It's got washable HEPA filtration. I am so sick of it I have been recommended to buy a dyson, but this was expensive and I've only had it for 3 years.
1/31/2009
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

HiCustomer

Im sorry to hear of your troubles.

What would you like to know?

Thank you.

I need to know if I am not using it correctly with the super filtration, whether there is a part that needs fixing or replacing.

I have hard floors with thick woollen rugs downstairs and fitted carpets in the rest of the house. I bought this hoover because i thought it could deal with the changes of floor surface, but it seems to get clogged up at the point where the suction pipe goes into the machine.

I could be opening it up to poke around in the dust every 5 minutes! Surely not the idea!

I also don't know how often the filter needs washing and whether it should be bone dry before using again.

That seems like enough to be getting on with, don't you think

Julia

Yes it does, Julia.

Could you please provide the model number of the unit.

Thank you

Sorry Julia. I was editing my last post as you were reading it. Please see the above post.

Never mind the model number. I did a quick search on your model and the results were depressing to say the least. This model is basicly a piece of junk. Problems with the unit clogging up after a short time, not standing upright, tools falling off all the time, the upright lock breaking, and the motor dieing after a few minuets use are just a few I garnered from the first three reviews at Amazon.com.

This unit did not even get over a one star rating.

I think your best bet would be to look for a new vacuume.

Sorry for the bad news but I just cant find anything good about this unit.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Not good news but I can go out and buy a new one now without thinking it's something I've done wrong........I don't suppose you could recommend one could you?
Are there any requirements that you have in vacuumes? Like upright as opposed to canister, attachments, stair cleaning capabilities, etc.
Well I think I prefer an upright, with tools, able to reach the full flight of stairs, and of course doesn't clog up every 5 minutes. It needs to be able to get under the beds etc and switch easily from hard floors to carpet and thick rugs. Thank you so much for being so helpful

That is what Imm here for. Ill do a search and let you know what I find. I have been having difficulties with my ISP for the last half hour so am uncertain if

I will be able to post any time soon. It took me 10 minuets just to get to see your last reply.

I will post as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

I have to go out to buy food, and have never used this site before so i am hoping I will be able to log back on when I come home. Thanks for advice so far! Julia

Hi i's late Sunday morning here..........will accept your advice so far and research myself. Thanks for support

Julia

Julia; I am so sorry. I did not see your question come back up in my list and I forgot all about you. Please accept my humble appoligies.

I did some research for you and came up with a couple things. The first is a website with reviews of most all major brands of vacuums. Please click here to go to that web site. There are some very enlightening articles there.

The second is what I believe to be a very good deal and it has at least one stellar review by someone who gave it to their mother to use in her house cleaning business. I think you will find this unit enticeing.

Please click here to go to the web store that is selling this model.

Something that I should mention here is there is an "air purification system" (they insist it is not a vacuum) that I recall from years back. I once was in training to sell this unit. Never did though as Im a terrible salesman. It is the Rainbow Vacuum System. It is listed in the first link provided above.

My parents actually own this unit as do a few other people I know. The only bad thing about it is Im not sure if it is available in the UK. These IMHO are the absolute pinnicle of vacuums. They last forever plus 10 years if you have a son that is a good handyman like my mom does (pats self on back). They have owned their Rainbow for almost 30 years and although duct taped all over it still sucks up anything that isnt strapped to the floor. If they are available I strongly urge you to check them out. They are a bit pricy, but oh so worth it.

Thank you for the accept, and I again appoligise for forgetting you.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy