Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE front loading washing machine. This weekend is

I have a GE front loading washing machine. This weekend is began stopping before the cycle was complete. For example, it was stop after the wash cycle and before the rinse. When it stops, the green start/pause light begins to flash like it does when the machine is turned on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I believe you might have a drain problem with this, is the door lock light on? let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The light will come on when you start the machine and then it unlocks when the start/pause light begins to blink.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
is this draining the water out?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is draining but it appears to be slow. I have already taken the drain line off and clean it out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
which part of the drain line did you take off? you need to remove the front panel on the bottom and remove the hoses off the pump itself and check for obstructions.let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan,

I took off the drain line at the rear of the machine. I will check the other drain line today when I get done teaching. Thanks for your rapid response.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok let me know thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Bryan,

I took the front panel and cleaned the filter and drain line. You were exactly correct in your diagnosis! The machine is working as it should thanks to you.

Tom