Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hi ... I have pierced the cooling element in the fridge part

Customer Question

Hi ... I have pierced the cooling element in the fridge part of my fridge ... I am in the process of buying a new fridge freezer but can I still use the freezer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
no, these are filled with freon and if you punctured it you lost the freon unless this is a dual compressor system like a sub zero you wont stay cold. what is the model # XXXXX make. do you know if it has two compressors. let me know thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hello ... thanks for getting back to me ... the make is Electrolux and the model is TR 915A ... we just need to know if we can carry on using the freezer for the week until we can get a new fridge freezer delivered. Thanks, Debbie
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

No you will not be able to use it, the freezer is going to go dead and warm in a few hours and will no longer work.

If you have found this information helpful then please press "ACCEPT" this is the only way technicians get paid for their work. Please leave POSITIVE feedback for me, it is very important.