Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I convert my Maytag Gas range #MGR5710ADWto propane

you will need to buy a orifice kit to change it over and you will have to get your propane dealer to change it out for you cause they are the only ones allowed to do it for safety reasons and they also carry the orifices or can order them and come out and install and adjust out all the burners and oven ,,,,, hope this helped
Please hit the ACCEPT button cause thats how we are paid / Thanks ,,, Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
My dealer tech did not show an orfice kit. My service tech said I needed a manual as it may be a field adjustment without any kit needed. That was what I was trying to find out as I don't have a manual. Are you sure an orfice kit is used on this model?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I want to make sure an orfice kit is really what I need before I accept the answer. I have changed driers over with a kit, but have not been able to locate a kit for this model. I just want to make sure this correct before I accept the answer

these should be field adjustable, you will need to go to your regulator--- there is a large nut on it in the center--- remove this nut and flip it around to change the regulator to propane.

Next---- each oriface you will have to tighten down all the way with an ajustable wrench--- if it's only 1/2 tightened it will be set for natural gas. If you tighten it all the way down it allows less gas flow to come through and will set it for LP.

You must do the same for both the broil and bake orifaces.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
the orifice is build into the burners on this model and the burner plate has to be replaced ,,, check out #16 and you can see for yourself ,,, i have done it before and the reg has a flip lever on it to turn to work for propane ,,,,,
http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_png/PLDM/X2906551-00005.png