Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

top load clothes washer WCSR2090DAWW - the main dial on the

top load clothes washer WCSR2090DAWW - the main dial on the right is extremely hard to turn. It is the disk piece flush with the arrow on it. It has to be pushed down real real hard to turn.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok this is a g.e. washer and you probably have a warn knob. this knob has notches in it that strip. click here to see how it work you will see the notches. if this is not worn then you need to replace timer. link, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-WCSR2090DAWW-%3d%3di277249&PartID=277249 let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the speedy reply and I will release your funds. BUT, your reply did not fix my problem. The link you sent does not include 'MY' model number and that is not 'MY' knob. Maybe I was was not clear enough in my original question.

I think my knob is in two pieces. One piece is like the knob in the link. The other piece, is is flat piece with an arrow on it, under that knob. I do not remember if the two pieces used to be joined, but they are not now. The flat piece is what I have to push on very very hard to turn the dial to the required setting. When I pull out the knob to start the washer it pulls out but that flat piece stays flush.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok this is the other piece your talking about with the arrow, http://www.repairclinic.com/SSPartDetail.aspx?s=t-WCSR2090DAWW-%3d%3di963655&PartID=963655 dont worry about the model # XXXXX excact , the knob assembly are the same. you may have a problem with the timer itself though, I would get the knob pieces first and see if they take care of the problem before going into anything else. there not expensive. and we change allot of these. let me know what you think. thanks Bryan