How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Tech Larry Your Own Question
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 19184
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Tech Larry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a whirlpool refrig with a top freezer. I have noticed

This answer was rated:

I have a whirlpool refrig with a top freezer. I have noticed a leak in the interior bottom frig part coming from the top of the interior part, which would lead me to believe it is coming from the freezer. It has been going on for quite a while and I have just just a cup underneath it to stop it. I only need to empty the cup about every week or so. But i would like to fix this problem. Any suggestions? I have tried to defrost the freezer and changing the temperatures, but it hasn't worked.
send me the model number from inside the frig and i will see about trying to help / larry
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Model: ET1CHMXKB03

Type: 21TFA



thank you

ok ,, take the icemaker out if you have one and the shielf and then take the 2 screws out from the bottom panel at front and slide panel out, take out the four screws out thats in the back cover and remove it ,,,, clear all the ice and in the middle of the pan under the coil is a drain hole,,,, pour hot water into it till it opens and drains and put back together ,,, that will fix it / Larry
Please hit the accept button cause thats how we get paid / Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory
Appliance Tech Larry and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you