How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Appliance Tech Larry Your Own Question
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 19183
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Appliance Tech Larry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a GE Profile Cafe gas range, the orfices have been

This answer was rated:

I have a GE Profile "Cafe" gas range, the orfices have been changed to handle propane and the regulator was also converted to propane. The stove has never burned correctly, a serviceman from our propane company feels that we have the wrong regulator, he says we need an applaince regulator to get the correct velocity. Our furnace and hot water heater both work fine and are supplied from the same large propane tank burried behind the house. Should the regulator need to be changed and if so what model do I need?
no you done need to change the regulator ,,,, the oven regulator has a lever on it to switch from nat to propane but a reg appliance tech cant do it since its being convered to propane ,,, call your propane dealer back and have them to send someone different out to set the oven ,,, thanks
Please hit the accept button cause thats how we get paid / have a great holiday / Larry
Bonuses are WELCOMED but are not mandatory
Appliance Tech Larry and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you