Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i had a new icemaker installed and the unit is not putting

Customer Question
water into the tray--so no...
i had a new icemaker installed and the unit is not putting water into the tray--so no ice cubes...what's up?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2009
Appliance Technician: Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician replied 8 years ago
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Is the arm on the ice maker locked in the on position?
yes, it is in the on position

Was the inlet water valved checked?

Appliance Technician: Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech replied 8 years ago
Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
if i may butt in and this may help Tom ,,,, did the old icemaker do the same thing the reason you replaced it ,,,, and what is the model number / larry
I'm not sure what the inlet water valve is, however, the unit worked 2 weeks on and off, and now has stopped working. I have a kenmore side by side, about 11-12 yrs old. The icemaker is a RIM 300. When we took the ice basket out to get ice and put it back it stopped working. It's as though the water isn't being triggered to come through the line.
The tech said the 'head' was broken on the old unit...I'm assuming this one is ok.
Check the electrical connection at the ice maker.
It is connected and plugged in
Do you have multi meter?
The model number for this Kenmore is 363-58277890. The tech said the whirlpool replacement of RIM 300 would work. He said this is the replacement for the original icemaker.
I do not know what a multi meter is..
does the water in the door work?
yes it does
You need to make sure the water inlet is working properly.You need to pull out fridge/remove cover at bottom/one valve is for the water one is for the ice maker/take the wires off the water connect to icemaker side/press for water if you get water in the ice maker let me know.
Is this at the bottom of the fridge where the water comes in?? My son said there is water in the line.

Ok either the line going into the fridge is frozen or the tech put the wrong icemaker in the direct replacement is part#wr30x10093.

If this has been helpfull please press accept thank you.

The fridge is not frozen, and the tech said this is a new icemaker, he said it had just hit the market in November 2008, that it replaces the old unit.
i must agree with tom and the icemaker they installed is right ,,, the latest icemaker is wr30x10093 ,,,, i had to answer go it would leave my waiting questions ,,,, larry
The line that feeds the ice maker may be frozen not the fridge.
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician