Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

ge range model #JGSP44WEY6ww takes long time for oven to reach

ge range model #JGSP44WEY6ww takes long time for oven to reach tempature programmed on the panel gets odor of gas had iginiter switch changed 2times, lower oven valve changed. techician comes to fix it after a few times goes back to the same problem 6 times. please help at wits end with my range
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 8 years ago.

If the oven is having this much trouble the tech should suspect a bad bake burner causing the problem, this is part number WB16T10002, this is because the burner ladder holes were either deformed in manufacture or starting to corrode, this would be the way to go if after 2 igintors and several other parts that had nothing to do with this problem.

Happy New Year!!!

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas