Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

WE HAVE AAMANA REFRIGERATOR MODEL #AB82224DEW SERIAL # XXXXX

WE HAVE AAMANA REFRIGERATOR MODEL #AB82224DEW SERIAL # XXXXX SEVERAL TIME WHEN THE FRIG SHUTS OFF IT MAKES CLUNKING NOISE, LIKE A KNOCKING ENGINE.

THis could be a broken spring in the compressor or the coils under in the back of the unit could be very dirty and the fan not cooling the compressor properly, if after cleaning the coils in the back and the fan is operating back there and the noise continues the compressor is then starting to fail and will need to be replaced, however this is very expensive item to replace, cost is over $500.

As always when using Just Answer your accept is required for me to be paid. By accepting you are agreeing that I have satisfactorily answered your questions. If you do not accept, your deposit if applicable, will remain in your Just Answer's account until you request otherwise.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

BONUSES ARE WELCOME but are not mandatory
Chas