How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephen R. Your Own Question
Stephen R.
Stephen R., Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 65
Experience:  Trained on major home appliance brands. 3rd gen of 71+ year old family owned business. 13+ years exp
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Stephen R. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get the part number for the light bulb on a GE Microwave

This answer was rated:

Can I get the part number for the light bulb on a GE Microwave JVM3670 and instructions to replace?

Thanks for coming to us at JustAnswer with your questions. I am more then willing to help you. Just to get your a more accurate answer, can you provide the remaining portion of the model number. It will be located on a tag inside. There are more then 20 models that start off with those beginning numbers.

If you can't read them (sometimes they get smeared or wiped off the tag) I will do my best to give you the proper instructions.

Stephen R.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Stephen,


It is JVM3670SK04.


Thank you,


Just one more question so I am clear on everything.

Is the light you are wanting to replace in the bottom of the unit, what are known as cook top lights? Or is it the one that actually lights the inside of the microwave?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Hi Stephen,


It is the one inside the oven lighting from the top. It may be WB08x10050. Even if it is, I would like to know how to replace it.


Thank you,


To replace the cook top lights you will need a #2 Philips head screw driver (most common type) to remove the screw in each cover. They will hinge down allowing you to remove the cover completely. You can then remove the bulb from the socket.

Then just reverse these steps to replace.

If they lights don't work at first, just make sure you have them in securely. Sometimes it take just a little bit more to seat them completely. I can also be possible to get a bad bulb.

As far as the part number goes, you have it right. it is the WB08X10050 replacement lamp. The original number that one replaces, if you need it, is WB36X10213.

Hope that helps,
Stephen R.

If this answer helped, please press the ACCEPT button. If you have further questions regarding this problem, don't hesitate to ask.
Stephen R. and 7 other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you