How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dan - Master Tech Your Own Question
Dan - Master Tech
Dan - Master Tech, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 1904
Experience:  Over 35 years experience in the service and repair of all types of electronic equipment.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Dan - Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am getting a blue green liquid dripping from the top inside

Resolved Question:

I am getting a blue green liquid dripping from the top inside of the GE microwave. There is a round disc on top inside microwave that says open/close on it but it won't turn to come off. The liquid seems to be coming from behind this disc.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 8 years ago.
GreetingsCustomer could you list the model number of your GE microwave?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
model #JVM1650WH05 ser#ZH 901 406B
Expert:  Dan - Master Tech replied 8 years ago.
The cover you refer to is the microwave stirrer and is meant to disperse the microwaves from the magnetron going into the oven. While the JVM1600 series has its fair share of reported problems, I have not seen any reports of fluid leaking from above. Since this is a foreign liquid and is subject to microwave energy when the oven is active, it is important not to use it. It will need to be serviced by an appliance technician to determine the source.
If I can be of any further assistance please let me know.
Dan - Master Tech and other Appliance Specialists are ready to help you